Season 2, Episode 4: The One Where I'm Home❤
HONEY I'M HOME!
I found out last Thursday that I was leaving. And it was kinda crazy how I found out. I was in a lesson and we were discussing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. My topic that I was going over was having Faith in Jesus Christ and aligning our will to His. (Pretty perfect topic for what was about to happen.) I finished talking and I heard a small voice in my head say, "You're going home." Then an image of my family popped into my head.
I found out last Thursday that I was leaving. And it was kinda crazy how I found out. I was in a lesson and we were discussing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. My topic that I was going over was having Faith in Jesus Christ and aligning our will to His. (Pretty perfect topic for what was about to happen.) I finished talking and I heard a small voice in my head say, "You're going home." Then an image of my family popped into my head.
When we got home that night, I told my companions how I was going home. Then 5 minutes later, President Larson called and broke the news to me. Even though I was prepared, I still sobbed.
I was told I'd get flight plans soon after, but they weren't coming and it was hard to stay busy as we waited for my plans to come. Each day passed with no plans, and I told my parents on Monday how I was feeling. My dad told me to continue doing the little things: following the schedule and serving my companions. The next day, I tried to apply his counsel. And then that day, I got my flight plans. I thought I'd be happy, but it was hard! My companions comforted me and told me I was allowed to be sad; that I didn't have to hide my emotions.
Serving a mission has been my dream since I was little and even before I went out into the field- I felt like something was going to happen. I just wasn't of course expecting corona!
On Wednesday morning, my companions dropped me off at the Bozeman airport to catch a flight from Bozeman to Minnesota to Kansas City! We had a "well, this is it moment," we hugged, and I went home.
When I got home, I was greeted by two loving parents! I sobbed when I saw them and they told me how proud they were of me. It has been unreal being home. It feels like the past two months were just a big dream. If I didn't still talk to the people who I met within those months, maybe I would actually think it was a dream. But I am so grateful for every moment I had at the MTC and in Montana.
I want everyone to know that I'm doing well. I'm going back to school in the fall. A lot of my friends came home earlier, which breaks my heart but also has made this whole process a lot easier. Great missionaries returned home in honor this week.
My friend told me yesterday that they believe that anyone with a foundation on the gospel of Jesus Christ can get through anything. This is just one of my many hurdles that God knew was going to happen. He knew how important it was for me to serve a mission and so...He made it possible for me to serve before missionaries had to go home. If I left even a few months later, I probably wouldn't have even seen the field. I wouldn't have met the people I did. It's such a blessing that God knows us so personally.
MISSIONARY FRIENDS: Although I am sad, I feel for you. Know that I think about you constantly and that you are in my prayers. If there is any way I can serve you, you need snail mail, prayers, or just a friend - please feel free to contact me! Please put me on your email list!!! I glory in your success!
I love you all so much. Thank you for your support and concerns over the past 6 weeks. Please feel free to reach out! I will be quarantined for two weeks so I could use some friendly faces to facetime!
Signing off for real this time,






Comments
Post a Comment