Season 1, Episode 3: The One Where We Lead Them Down the Path That ROCKS!
This week was definitely the best!
During
exercise time this week, we talked our Elders into playing four square.
Everytime someone from our District got out, the Elders would do five
push ups. There was lots cheering and laughter.
One
of our Elders is on a health kick and during meals I like to temp him
with mint creamies. Finally after much convincing, he FINALLY caved. He
quoted Emperor's New Grooves and said "Elder William's is trying to lead
me down the path of righteousness, but Sister Deeds is trying to lead
me down the path that ROCKS!"
Sister Zellhuber
and I were called as Sister Training Leaders which entails being good
examples for our Zone & taking care of the international Sisters. We
had to take care of 13 Sisters from the Philippines, Japan, Marshall
Islands, Samoa, Finland, etc. I was able to use the little I know of
Japanese to make the Japanese Sisters laugh and comfortable. Thanks
dad!
When we were dropping of the last bit of
the international sisters to their building, we realized our key didn't
work. I knocked at the door for a bit, no answer, than Sister Zellhuber
went into the bushes and knocked at the other sister's windows and kept
gesturing towards the front to get them to let us in. I was DYING!!!
They were so confused and startled.
This week
we taught a girl named Grace. She grew up Catholic and goes to UVU right
now. During our first lesson, we talked about how Heavenly Father loves
her so much that He has a plan for us. Through Jesus Christ, we can
feel joy. He is essential to the plan of happiness. The Spirit
definitely testified of this in our lesson. She gave us a big hug
after.
My time here at the MTC has been long,
but it has taught me some vital lessons that I know will carry me
through the rest of my mission. With God, we can look forward in life.
Alma 36:24 say, "Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored
without ceasing, that I might bring souls into repentance; that I might
bring them to taste of the exceeding joy of which I DID TASTE; that they
might also be born of God, and be filled with the HG!" With God, we can
be changed & with God, we can help bring change to others!
We
have become close to a companionship of sisters going to Thailand
Bangkok. Sister Nagum told us she will miss us and shared with us a song
from her home country the Philippines. It is called Himig Ng Pag-ibig
which means the Sound of Love. She said it was our song because she
loves and will miss us! SO FREAKIN CUTE!
Montana HERE I COME!
Love,
Sister Deeds





Comments
Post a Comment