Season 2, Episode 2: The One Where We Prepare to be Quarantined

It's OFFICIAL! I've been out on the mish for one month! Where has the time gone? 

So first off, the coronavirus has really taken a toll on everything it seems. The church has suspended all church services and gatherings worldwide until further notice. The MTC in Provo and London are now training missionaries online starting March 16. On Sundays, we have been asked to do church at home.

Many missionaries serving in other countries are being sent back to their home countries to serve else where. Some missionaries with chronic immune diseases are being sent home period. I have been so so so fortunate to have not gotten sick yet on my mission. 

Our mission has taken strict precautions to keep everyone safe. We are still allowed to visit people, but told to be extremely careful and considerate. We have been asked to make a two week supply of food in case we get quarantined. 

"What an exciting time to be a missionary and to be on the front lines of the work of salvation. You will always be able to day that you were serving your mission during the interesting time period that will be associated with the coronavirus. You know I love a good adventure, well, here it is for all of us." - President Larson

But on another note...

I am slowly figuring out the area. We are teaching many part member families with children. Our wards is full of really good people willing to help the missionaries in any way possible. We are spoiled here! 

Everytime I tell anyone I'm from Missouri they bring up 1 of 3 things. 1) CHIEFS 2) BBQ & the most popular - 3) wait you're not from Utah? 

My companions Sister Lemmon and Sister Snyder have been so patient and considerate of my feelings. They remind me that I was placed in this companionship, this area, and this mission for a reason. Sister Snyder said that when they found out their companionship was going to become a trio - they felt nothing but peace. They remind me that I've only been out a week and to be patient with myself. I'm glad I have two comps who are considerate & kind & make me laugh! We get along well & hopefully within the next 4 weeks we become even closer.

God is so mindful of us. This past month hasn't been anywhere close to easy, but it's definitely been worth it. I have met so many people and have listened to so many of their stories. None of their journeys were easy. For Jesus Christ it was never easy. But I know if we rely on Him, if we pray to Him, He will come through in His own time and in His own way. He has come through everytime I needed it most. He is why I'm here. 

Love,
Sister Deeds





Comments

Popular Posts