Season 2, Episode 3 (Szn Finale): The One Where Thanos Snaps Half Our Mission Away

Everyday we wait in anticipation for more news about the changes made to missionary work. Everyday I waited for the email saying missionaries with health issues in Montana are being sent home. Everyday I said a prayer to Heavenly Father saying, "I know You have a plan. But I don't feel my mission is done yet. If You allow me to stay, I promise I will use every day you give me to serve others and exalt Your Great Name." 

Well, God gave me another week to serve the good people of Montana #praisejesus & let me tell ya, the work don't stop for no virus!

I will just answer the question now. Yes, I'm going back to my






home in Missouri. Because of my health condition, it has been decided it would be best that they send me home. With all the craziness going on, I knew it was bound to happen. I've never viewed my lupus as a burden and still now, I see it as a blessing. And no, I don't know what to do from here and none of us know when this madness will stop. But I trust God's plan for me. He has been the Carpenter in the inner workings of my life; detailing it to give it the beauty it has. He has been the Gardener and he has pruned and helped me grow in the way He sees fit. And even with my short time as a FULL TIME missionary, I have seen and accomplished a lot...

We put one of the kids we are teaching on date! On date means we set a day for him to be baptized. Usually we can't find a good time to teach him but because of Corona his mom was home. He has been taught for two years already and almost has finished all the lessons. Sister Lemmon popped the question: "Would you like to be baptized? We were thinking April 3rd." He then goes, "Yes, but can I change the date?....April 1st?" April 1st it is! 

We are teaching these three adorable kids and they have the strongest testimonies I have ever heard. They are so eager to learn and ask so many questions about the gospel. I think there's a reason why God asked us to become as a little child. They have already committed to baptism but we were able to go over the baptismal questions with them. They are so ready to make this next step! 

One of the people we are teaching has been trying to find joy in his life. We taught him the gospel of Jesus Christ & the next day, he texted and told us how he plans to give up smoking! 

The most important thing I've learned is that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is simple! It has been a joy to see people accept Jesus Christ into their life after years of not knowing Him. It's a scary thing, for sure. But they take that leap of faith and show God how willing they are to learn. 

I want to end by saying I love my mission. I love Montana. I love the people here. Everyday I praise God for the opportunity to be here and serve. President Larson in his email this week said, "We ARE a family out here, and you are all acting that way and I appreciate it...This is no time to shrink."

Don't be sad for me. It was two weeks of pure bliss. I think God knew I wanted to see a glimpse of what missionary work was like and so he gave me just that. Even if I would've left in May, this would've still been the end. Whether it be 9 months or two weeks, I was still a missionary and I still returned with honor. I gave my all to God. He knew this was gonna happen from the start. He knows the beginning to end. I think He has other things planned for me.

Sister Snyder said that we are in uncharted territory which shows the amount of trust God really has in us. Times like this you don't know what to expect, but I have my faith. I have faith in my Savior Jesus Christ. He atoned for us so we didn't have to live in fear. I have faith in Russell M. Nelson, my Prophet, Seer,  and Revelator. I have faith in President Larson, my mission president. 

This is no time to shrink. My time was short, but I know I can be a missionary wherever I go. The Lord is still gathering His vineyard. Put your trust in Him and miracles will happen. 

I have met so many wonderful people on my mission since I left a month ago & to you all, I say a huge THANK YOU for being apart of my journey. I don't regret a thing and still have the deepest love for you & the work. 

"May God continue to bless and watch over our great country, our families, His Church and the Montana Billings Mission." 

Signing off with love,
Sister Deeds

1. Sisters 
2. Leprechaun day
3. Pizza day
4. My zone!
5. My zone!
6. My district! 
7. Trio Life!

Comments

Popular Posts