Season 1, Episode 2: The One Where I Cry a Lot

Let me tell ya, the MTC is hard! 

We have taught our first few lessons to a girl named Yaisa. She's from Mexico and came here to Provo to learn English. She recently got engaged to a boy named Andrew who is a member of our church. She wanted to meet with missionaries to find if she believes in the gospel herself. Sister Zellhuber and I went into our first lesson prepared, but the unity of the lesson was not there. I walked out of the lesson crying. 

I pulled myself together and then I had to learn how to do a four minute lesson. I laugh and cried after that as well. It was starting to feel like I wasn't cut out for this place. 

But miracles happened on Wednesday! 1) Yaisa accepted our invitation to pray and told us she felt peace (that's the holy spirit, yo!) 2) I felt strongly we should base our next lesson with Yaisa on how families are crucial to God's plan. We discussed her relationship with Andrew and how they could be together for time and all eternity past this life her on earth. & told her that this gospel was built to strengthen homes and families. She loved it and told us we really met her needs. 

I walked out of the lesson cheering and literally tackling Sister Zullhuber with a million bear hugs and lots of "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" The lesson went well because we based it on what Yaisa needed and we taught as a unit. The Spirit was there. God knew I needed this.

If anything, this week I'm learning how much work I have to do. I'm continually being humbled and humbled again. But I love Jesus Christ and I love His people. I remind myself of that every time it feels hard. He has specific people prepared for me in Montana. I don't get discouraged because of the love I already feel for them.

Every missionary deserves to be here. I listen to these 18 to 20 year old Elders and Sisters' stories and I'm in awe of the lives they lived and gave up to serve God. We all gave up something. It has been a hard adjustment, but we have each other's support and it gets us through the hard times. More importantly, we have God on our side! 

Thank you again for all the love and prayers. I feel them everyday and it continues to strengthen me when it's hard. I love you all so much! 

Love, Sister Deeds





Comments

Popular Posts