Season 1, Episode 1: Pilot
Happy Valentine's Week! Jesus is my valentine these next 18 months!
I FINALLY made it to the Missionary Training Center (MTC)! I'll be here for three weeks until I head to Billings, Montana. I am learning LOTS!
Before I arrived, Sister Eubank (first counselor of the relief society) told the MTC that "Sister Deeds was arriving" during her devotional! When I got to the MTC the next day, all the missionaries were so welcoming. A couple even noticed me from her talk. I felt so loved even though I was crying from saying goodbye to my parents. I pulled myself together and then I got my name tag & I started crying even more! I have waited so long for this moment.
My companion is named Sister Zullhuber. She is from Alaska & will be serving in Montana Billings as well. She's quiet and reserved, but very kind & easy to get along with. We balance each other's personalities well. As missionaries, we are required to be with our companion 24/7 and HOLLA she hasn't gotten annoyed yet! #progress
We are in a District of 12; 8 Elders and 4 Sisters. The rest of the group are going to Texas Fort Worth, Utah Provo, Florida Tampa, and Winnipeg Canada. I say we entered the MTC with 200 missionaries?? And all of us are staying in North America. It was funny because the MTC President told us we were the least represented group ever to enter the MTC! Yeet!!
At first, I wasn't sure how I felt about my district or companion but as sisters we prayed for help to connect with each other. I've seen tremendous improvement within these past four days. We all come from different backgrounds (recently joining the church to being born a member), but God still loves us no matter what our background is! And He called us all to do the same; to love regardless of differences. Once I let go, and let God, my perspective was changed. I instantly felt love for all my district and saw their potential. And yes, I cried. God loves you ALL too! I know it is true and that's why I'm here serving my mission.
Thank you all for your love and support. I truly have felt it these past couple days and it has kept me going. I appreciate and love you all so so much. Hope you have a good week!
Love,
Sister Deeds






Comments
Post a Comment