"Treat Everyday Like it's Thanksgiving"

I am proud to announce I have officially been back to school for one, whole week! I actually had my doubts due to stress, but I handled it (not to brag) like a pro. I am extremely impressed with kids who do this all time, what champs! I must say though, astonishingly, I miss the trending hospital routine. It felt like a 2 hour break from my worries.

My week was actually 'pretty' normal. For me, normal consists of being busy, busy, busy! I had to deal with my student council deadlines, volunteer hours, science seminars, tests, and natural helpers. Word of advise: Check the time of event prior to going (This also goes along with double checking what day it lands on.) I am not graceful with transitioning from no events to a full schedule, but I'm trucking along just fine. :-) As for the science seminars I attend on a regular basis now, I have learned a lot from. Surprisingly? Biology is my best subject this year. Why? Beats me! I'm more interested in how my body works this year and the type of diseases that can progress from certain symptoms. Scientists are coming up with new types of medical tools to predict future illnesses in young children. That's incredible. Not only that, but I plan to join the psychology club! Psychology has always fascinated me and I can't let an opportunity like this pass me by.

Yesterday I had to study for two upcoming tests that occurred today during class. Usually I can relax on days like these, but as I told you before, I did not have IV treatments. (Yay!) I learned I do not handle stress to the best of my abilities. By the end of 4th block, my face was red from scratching it none stop. To add on, my foot was bugging me big time. (same as the night before) I tried to stretch and move it around, but it shriveled up like a raisin. I felt unable to do this simple function. My mom got me two pills and told me not to stress. I am all fine now thanks to super Beth!

Lately I have been keeping up with my Grandma Bedo's blog and it was the first time I saw the shout out she gave me back when I first started writing. I am so proud to say she is an amazing role model and how inspiring she is to me. You want a woman who can handle the world? She's your gal! Grandma Bedo is the light in my life and I look at her in awe as trials seem to pile up around her. I love her so dearly and I know she can handle anything with the help of the lord. I'd also like to thank my family and friends for so much support. I LOVE MY FAMILY! It has felt like Christmas in the Deeds' household! From books to rain boots, I couldn't be more touched. Thank you! :-)



Next week I attend the hospital on Thursday. The doctor wishes to talk to me at that time.  I can handle it though, this week proved that to me. Next week is also the start of November! I have a feeling it's going to be another marvelous month of being grateful.

This is the perfect time to state how blessed I am to have the people in my life I do. Life is a journey of stumbling and falling (Not because you're clumsy) and they make it so much easier to get back up.

I am not one to challenge others to do tasks, but I make a special exception in this case. Look for the little things you're thankful for, you'll realize how much happier you are compared to just ignoring the small items.

"Treat everyday likes it's Thanksgiving!"

It is not happy people who are thankful, it is thankful people who are happy.
Happy 7th Royal's Game & early Halloween! (Knocking on wood that we take the crown.)

Comments

Popular Posts