Making a Fun Day of a Hospital Stay

Over the Summer I was blessed to able to attend multiple camps all around America. One of those camps was EFY in Nauvoo, Illinois for my church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am a Mormon. I never felt more at home, enriched, and spiritually uplifted as quickly as I did when I was just sitting with a bunch strangers reading and highlighting my scriptures. The best part is those strangers I just mentioned? Yeah, they’re my best friends now. From Chicago to Washington, I know now I am never alone in my journey to a healthy, new start. People are always praying. My point in telling this is not to bore you with sappy details of the impact church camp had on my heart and me (although I will if it comes down to it), but to bring up another topic. This week was General Conference. General Conference is a time where my mom & I can sit peacefully on her bed and watch prophets speak on topics that make you wonder. “What if we treated everyday like its Thanksgiving?” It occurred to me after asking my own thought provoking question that the world would be a lot happier. We focus so much on the negative; we sometimes forgot the little things that make us happy. It could be as simple as, “Today I had apple juice for lunch.” Or, “Uncle Darby makes me feel like I’m a fighter.” Life is way better being optimistic.
I have decided to dedicate my whole Saturday to the Lord and re-watch General Conference.
Yesterday my mother gave me my results to the kidney biopsy. I have Stage 4 inflammation, which is the highest amount. Due to that, I am back in the hospital today.

The perks?
·         Jazz –My care assistant
·         Peacefulness
·         Time to write and read (Yes. I still do that.)
·         Visitors

I learned of the course of the month my way of coping is nervous laughter and blogging.
The cons?

  • missing school
      Now, most kids consider this a blessing handed to me by God, but it’s been killing me. I enjoy the process of learning something new every day, but one day can ruin a perfect GPA. I work hard to keep my grades up even though I've been gone so frequently. The teachers are very understanding, but the subjects themselves do not give me a break. Life is getting harder in general, but I know I wouldn't have been given this trial if God didn't think I could handle it. I am strong and I am loved dearly. We just have to “Be Positive.”  Everyone has trials in different forms and we just have to be considerate of what others are going through too.

Today I was planned for an IV treatment in the morning, but like I said; we had a quick change of plans. I went to Natural Helpers, then straight to Children’s Mercy. I was running a 101.7 temperature. The nurse’s hooked me up to a machine and pumped me my veins full of fluids. My favorite part was when they gave me shot and as a result my way of dealing was laughing at Jazz. I think my nurse’s enjoyed me more than I did. In fact, I know they did.  Sister Sterling and Lauren visited with encouragement and unnecessary, thoughtful treats. The real treat was just seeing them. The joy that visitors give me is indescribable. Thank you for all the support!  

At 8:30 I will be released from the hospital to go home, sweet home. (Thanks Mom for pushing!)
Tomorrow is back to school to hopefully have quick catch up day.

I will end on a quote that I think all you lovely people should ponder over the course of the week:
“Worrying does not take away tomorrow’s troubles; it takes away today’s peace.”




Stay positive! Prayers are coming your way from Missouri. :-) 

Comments

  1. I love these posts and will look forward to more! Lupus affects everyone different, but I've gone through some of your struggles and know that with this great attitude and approach you are going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just want people to understand that the struggles aren't always has easy as they seem on the outside. I hope someday I get the chance to listen to your story.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts