New Year, Same Me

I am back in gear and here to stay! I reassure those of you caught up in my absence during the past month, I am alive and well! I've been keeping myself busy with the holiday season and just have not found the perfect time to sit down at the computer. My sincere apologies.
The last time I was in the hospital was at the beginning of December & due to my fast recovery, I am down to infusion once a month! Yippee! My next appointment is January 7th.





2015 is just around the corner and as I look back on old photos, I realize how much good was in the year. I am very grateful for all the trials and tribulations I have had. Lupus has changed my life and for that I am thankful. I am thankful for all of you who check up on my blog weekly for new posts, I didn't realize how many of you who are actually out there caring. I first created this blog to explain what this chronic immune disease actually is. Yeah, it might not change my physical appearance and yes, I can live through it, but what this experience really taught me was you can't stop trying. You can't give up when a simple spec of rain hits the ground. Not even when the people around you tell you, you can't and lose all faith in you. I'm not saying it's going to be easy, it's not, but I'm here to say it's going to be worth it. I am here to prove that it does get better, that a sick girl, can be a runner or writer or simply an average teenager. I'm here to give you the slightest hope that everything will turn out the way it should. I am here to be me and to show you, there is way more to a person than just the smile they hold on their sweet face. You have to get to know them and in 2015 I suggest to do just that! Life is what you make it! :-)

For the past few months, I have watched the kids around the hospitals and their families. Their smiles bright with hope and sometimes frowns that have already lost it. I have wanted to help out for a while, without any idea how. Until one day, I wanted to throw a Christmas party. We played games and instead of bringing gifts for each other, each girl brought small items that Children's Mercy was in need of in the teen department. The next day I went to the hospital to deliver it and it felt good to go in as a volunteer instead of a patient. I hope to do more volunteering too! I pray that whoever gets those items is filled with happiness.

Next year, I plan to start conditioning for track season!
Track starts March 3rd.
My mother is worried, but what amazing mother wouldn't be worried about their daughter? What she doesn't know is that I'm worried too, but God knows what's best for me. He will give me strength, through him, I am strong.

I am blessed with the year I have had. I am beyond thankful for the summer and the friends I have made through EFY & MASC. Seminary has kept me on my feet and has made me realize how much the Lord & my seminary family loves me. I can't wait to see what 2015 has in store for me. I am ready for the new trials I might have to face. I am spiritually able to handle anything. I am ready for the laughs, photos, and new memories waiting to happen. Thank you for reading my blog, you are one of my reasons to keep going.


Have a wonderful 2015! You have 365 days to make this year count, I'd do just that. :-)

Comments

  1. Another year has past and my beautiful granddaughter has become more dignified, more endearing, more precious. I'm so very proud of you Hailey. 2014 was not the best year for our family, but I'm optimistic that 2015 will be a better year. I'm so honored and proud to be your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts