Even If
9/30/17
They say sometimes you win some
Sometimes you lose some
And right now, right now I'm losing bad
I would be a liar if I said that the song Even If by MercyMe didn't describe how I feel right at this moment.
I've stood on this stage night after night
Reminding the broken it'll be alright
But right now, oh right now I just can't
They say sometimes you win some
Sometimes you lose some
And right now, right now I'm losing bad
I would be a liar if I said that the song Even If by MercyMe didn't describe how I feel right at this moment.
I've stood on this stage night after night
Reminding the broken it'll be alright
But right now, oh right now I just can't
And it's way easier to give advice when you feel strong and powerful like nothing is going to bring you down- but that is not the case today. And this will not be my best post, but I promise it will be one of the most genuine and honest.
It's easy to sing
When there's nothing to bring me down
But what will I say
When I'm held to the flame
Like I am right now
When there's nothing to bring me down
But what will I say
When I'm held to the flame
Like I am right now
I am broken. Completely, utterly broken and it took me 5 months to accept it. It took me 5 months to realize it's okay to be hurt and sad and lost. It's okay to be uncertain about the future and past. It's okay to not always put on a happy face. And today, I wept. I stopped my car, music still on, and wept. I cried to the Lord asking Him -'why' and he responded with:
I know You're able and I know You can
Save through the fire with Your mighty hand
But even if You don't
My hope is You alone
I know the sorrow, and I know the hurt
Would all go away if You'd just say the word
But even if You don't
My hope is You alone
Save through the fire with Your mighty hand
But even if You don't
My hope is You alone
I know the sorrow, and I know the hurt
Would all go away if You'd just say the word
But even if You don't
My hope is You alone
So I did. I prayed for my sorrow to go away. And I don't think they go away completely, but it does make my burden lighter because it reminds me I am not alone. I have a God who has faith in me and knows I can.
You've been faithful, You've been good
All of my days
Jesus, I will cling to You
Come what may
‘Cause I know You're able
I know You can
All of my days
Jesus, I will cling to You
Come what may
‘Cause I know You're able
I know You can
I'm still uncertain. Still hurt, but I have faith that the future is bright. It only takes the faith of a mustard seed to move a mountain and I hope to move many mountains with the Lord's guiding hand. The Lord has provided me with people along my way to get there and I am beyond blessed.
They say it only takes a little faith
To move a mountain
Well good thing
A little faith is all I have, right now
But God, when You choose
To leave mountains unmovable
Oh give me the strength to be able to sing
It is well with my soul
To move a mountain
Well good thing
A little faith is all I have, right now
But God, when You choose
To leave mountains unmovable
Oh give me the strength to be able to sing
It is well with my soul
I know I am a loved Daughter of God and I know you are divine Child of God as well. I am not afraid of my weaknesses and sadness and I will overcome it with the help of my loving Savior.

Comments
Post a Comment