I "Yam" Thankful for the "Stuffin'" my Life
Hello Big World! Long time, no see!
I would like to first start off with a formal apology for my lack of updates. November has been a wild ride that I have come to enjoy. You might even say I'm the one controlling this roller coaster of fun!
I have been attending the hospital at least once a week for baseline testing for my eyes, infusions, and immune issues. More pills have been added to my daily dosage of medicine to soothe reoccurring problems. The hospital, although thought to be a horrid place, has become one of my favorite destinations. I enjoy making friends with the nurses and smiling at the kids who are attending the same practices I am. My smile is saying, "Hey! It's okay, you're not alone!" It might be simple, but hopefully it's the type of cheer they need at that moment.
As much as I'd like to blame my steroids, my mood hasn't been grand. It has been all over the place from happy dancing to constantly feeling I need to say sorry for something I have said. I'd much rather be happy dancing all the time! I have found true happiness through other people's happiness. Despite my storytelling urges, sometimes it's just as good to listen. :-) This month has really opened my ears.
This weekend as oddly has it sounds was one of the most memorable moments I have experienced. As you must know, the year is coming quickly to an end and Christmas shopping is upon us! In the common struggle to find perfect trinkets for relatives and friends, my mom and I shared snorts of laughter and bonded. I might even recall the words, "Mom, I want to hang out with you today," escaping my lips. Shh! Starting in Ikea then to Zona Rosa and sniffing candle after candle, (and no sense of smell left) our feet could no longer stand the constant walking. We agreed to go home, but not before checking out the outdoor ice skating rank. It was beautiful to see all the family bonding occurring around us! The holidays really do bring people together.
After watching the Lakeview Middle School musical, Hairspray, my mom and I went to my friend's hockey game. This invite was directed towards the youth of my seminary class and I really wanted to show some support. I was shocked to see the amount of attendees! A warm feeling struck me seeing everyone so excited (however clueless about hockey) and I knew just by that moment that my class of 15 would always be there for me. My class might not be related to me by blood, but they are definitely family and I'm not willing to give up that feeling up for anything. After jokes, cheering, teasing, and loud pucks hitting glass the game came to an end. 4-8 (I wasn't even cold!) I couldn't help but smile even though we lost. That night I gained something much more special, a family.
My weekend ended with baking oatmeal cookies for neighbors and a common cold. Yay! A cold! :-) Now, now this is nothing to worry about...I am much more stronger than I was in August. My immune system might be weaker, but I can overcome all challenges thrown at me. I handled not being able to sleep, no voice, sniffles, and a horrific amount of coughing yesterday.(And today.) None of this has stopped me from starting this week of right! I have a five day weekend due to Thanksgiving break!
This Thanksgiving is sure to be full of smiles and stuffing myself silly with delicious turkey! I wish the same for yours.
I will end with a Happy Thanksgiving! This is a time to give thanks for what we were blessed with and I recommend doing just that!
Yours truly,
Hailey Deeds
I would like to first start off with a formal apology for my lack of updates. November has been a wild ride that I have come to enjoy. You might even say I'm the one controlling this roller coaster of fun!
I have been attending the hospital at least once a week for baseline testing for my eyes, infusions, and immune issues. More pills have been added to my daily dosage of medicine to soothe reoccurring problems. The hospital, although thought to be a horrid place, has become one of my favorite destinations. I enjoy making friends with the nurses and smiling at the kids who are attending the same practices I am. My smile is saying, "Hey! It's okay, you're not alone!" It might be simple, but hopefully it's the type of cheer they need at that moment.
As much as I'd like to blame my steroids, my mood hasn't been grand. It has been all over the place from happy dancing to constantly feeling I need to say sorry for something I have said. I'd much rather be happy dancing all the time! I have found true happiness through other people's happiness. Despite my storytelling urges, sometimes it's just as good to listen. :-) This month has really opened my ears.
This weekend as oddly has it sounds was one of the most memorable moments I have experienced. As you must know, the year is coming quickly to an end and Christmas shopping is upon us! In the common struggle to find perfect trinkets for relatives and friends, my mom and I shared snorts of laughter and bonded. I might even recall the words, "Mom, I want to hang out with you today," escaping my lips. Shh! Starting in Ikea then to Zona Rosa and sniffing candle after candle, (and no sense of smell left) our feet could no longer stand the constant walking. We agreed to go home, but not before checking out the outdoor ice skating rank. It was beautiful to see all the family bonding occurring around us! The holidays really do bring people together.
After watching the Lakeview Middle School musical, Hairspray, my mom and I went to my friend's hockey game. This invite was directed towards the youth of my seminary class and I really wanted to show some support. I was shocked to see the amount of attendees! A warm feeling struck me seeing everyone so excited (however clueless about hockey) and I knew just by that moment that my class of 15 would always be there for me. My class might not be related to me by blood, but they are definitely family and I'm not willing to give up that feeling up for anything. After jokes, cheering, teasing, and loud pucks hitting glass the game came to an end. 4-8 (I wasn't even cold!) I couldn't help but smile even though we lost. That night I gained something much more special, a family.
My weekend ended with baking oatmeal cookies for neighbors and a common cold. Yay! A cold! :-) Now, now this is nothing to worry about...I am much more stronger than I was in August. My immune system might be weaker, but I can overcome all challenges thrown at me. I handled not being able to sleep, no voice, sniffles, and a horrific amount of coughing yesterday.(And today.) None of this has stopped me from starting this week of right! I have a five day weekend due to Thanksgiving break!
This Thanksgiving is sure to be full of smiles and stuffing myself silly with delicious turkey! I wish the same for yours.
I will end with a Happy Thanksgiving! This is a time to give thanks for what we were blessed with and I recommend doing just that!
Yours truly,
Hailey Deeds

I’m sorry to hear that you are not feeling well back then, and I hope you got better soon after. It’s good that you’ve found the hospital to be a nice place, and that you were able to befriend some nurses and other patients. Anyway, how are you doing nowadays? Are you still taking those pills that you’ve mentioned? I hope you’re doing well these days.
ReplyDeleteMichelle Simmons @ Comfort Keepers