Filled with All Love
What an eventful week for the Deeds' family! Where should I
even start?
Saturday morning, I took the initiative to get up bright and
early to plant trees with a group of my Student Council friends. All was well
until my stomach started having painful aches. I decided it would be best for
me to just pushed the pain way with distracting myself with work. It would only
be 4 hours until I'm back in my comfy bed and I've had pains like this before.
After about 10 minutes of holding it in, I started seeing spots of purple. Now
don't get me wrong, purple is one of my all-time favorite colors, but when
you're seeing the color when it's not actually there..could be a slight
problem. I asked my adviser for permission to lie down on the grass and
graciously she said, "Of course." I got back up after a few minutes,
feeling I could handle it. I was just about to assist some friends when
suddenly everything went black. I felt myself fall onto a glass door leading
inside and I heard a girl rush me in to get some water. I was told to go home
and rest. Later, we found I was just dehydrated.
Events happen like this occasionally and you just have to
fight through them.
I was surprised to find another package on my doorstep from
my North Carolina friend, Ellin. It was filled with inside jokes and sweet
gifts I can yet to describe.
Wednesday, I went to the hospital to discuss with my kidney
doctor what was our next step. She told me I had improved a lot in the last
month. My protein level is still high, but we hope to continue lower the number
through the medicine.
Today I woke up bright and early to attend morning seminary
like every day. I am proud to announce I mastered D&C 13:1, that earns me
an ice cream scoop. Very excited about that! I have the best seminary class
EVER. My teacher took all 17 kids to Corner Cafe to enjoy some delicious
cinnamon rolls and hot cocoa freshly made. How cool is that?! (I might have squealed
during this point in excitement.) I also love being driven by the older kids,
it makes me feel very cool... That is, when they actually attend.
"The holy ghost is like a cup of hot chocolate, warm
and sweet."
After seminary we dropped of my senior friend Brandy, took a
hospital morning selfie, and went on our way to have a long day of IV
treatments. I enjoyed watching movies, homework, cafeteria food, and fighting off
drowsiness. Dr. Cooper came to visit us and decided that the best plan for me
would be making future plans for an adult doctor. Not only that, but my scenic view
of Kansas City was absolutely beautiful.
I can't wait to see what the rest of the week has in store
for me! It's been a bumpy road to walk on, but I'm glad I get to do it in the
works of the Lord. I have such amazing friends who I can rely on. November is a
wonderful month to be grateful. :-)
Much love from the one & only,
Hailey Deeds


Comments
Post a Comment