Goodbye Season
Goodbye has never been an easy word for me to say.
Breakups are horrible, losing touch sucks, and the last look at a person before you never look back breaks my heart.
This summer's anthem has been a constant [insert sad love song here.]
And when I speak of love, I'm not talking about romance, rather the love of people...places...family.
I've said my fair share of goodbyes this summer and rather it getting easier, it has gotten gradually sadder and has weighted down my soul. I've had to say goodbye to Michigan. I've had to say goodbye to Washington. I've had to say goodbye to Kansas City. I've had to say goodbye to family. I've had to say goodbye to friends. And it's not the fact I'm leaving them that makes it so hard, it's the fact I don't know when I'll see them again.
I'm so excited about attending college...and the countdown is on...12 days to be exact, but I'm also so nervous. I think that's an appropriate emotion to feel. I don't get how people make time to socialize, study, and work all at the same time?!?? They must be superhuman or something. (If someone has an answer, let me know!)
This summer has been sensational. I feel each day that I become closer to finding my true self. Let me tell ya, almost a year of being single and even with all this time to myself, I still don't understand what the heck is going on in Hailey Deeds' brain. There's like 15 tabs open and all being viewed at the same time.
But with the help of the leading hands of Christ, I have a more clear idea of how I work and what I want for my future. He placed beautiful people in my life this summer that I wish I could have had the privilege of meeting sooner. He shown me that it's okay to be quiet. He has shown me that it's okay to let my stress free and to jump off a dock into a lake once in a while. He has shown me I am a dancing machine!!! He has shown me I feel more myself with bangs. He has allowed me to form the nucleus of what I call my testimony in this wonderful gospel.
Everything this summer has been a constant lead up to what I hope will be some of the best times of my life. Goodbye is hard, sometimes it's lonely, but I am hopeful. I am hopeful the future is bright and will allow me to continue searching out answers and loving God.
I am often reminded of the story of Peter walking on water. In Matthew 14:22-33, Jesus walked on water and His disciples were afraid. Jesus said to them, 'Be of good cheer; it is I, be not afraid.' Peter than asked Jesus if he too could walk to Him.
Jesus replied, 'Come.' Peter walked on water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord save me.
IMMEDIATELY, Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
I relate a lot to Peter in that sense. The future is so uncertain and if you know me, you know how I hate not having control of what happens. But, I have faith. I have faith the Lord will stretch forth his hand and catch me when I'm about to fall. I have faith if I put Him first, everything will fall into place.
Goodbyes have been hard, worries have been off the charts, but my faith is stronger than ever. The Lord will not leave me hanging. He will provide.
Let us go back to the beginning of being excited about college...I will not look down in fear. Rather, I will look up in prayer. I will welcome the new. I will welcome the challenges. I will welcome it all.
Welcome, BYU. Welcome, Utah. My name is Hailey Deeds. Just wait until you meet me in person. Adventures are about to wait.
#12days // Enter to learn, Go forth and serve
Breakups are horrible, losing touch sucks, and the last look at a person before you never look back breaks my heart.
This summer's anthem has been a constant [insert sad love song here.]
And when I speak of love, I'm not talking about romance, rather the love of people...places...family.
I've said my fair share of goodbyes this summer and rather it getting easier, it has gotten gradually sadder and has weighted down my soul. I've had to say goodbye to Michigan. I've had to say goodbye to Washington. I've had to say goodbye to Kansas City. I've had to say goodbye to family. I've had to say goodbye to friends. And it's not the fact I'm leaving them that makes it so hard, it's the fact I don't know when I'll see them again.
I'm so excited about attending college...and the countdown is on...12 days to be exact, but I'm also so nervous. I think that's an appropriate emotion to feel. I don't get how people make time to socialize, study, and work all at the same time?!?? They must be superhuman or something. (If someone has an answer, let me know!)
This summer has been sensational. I feel each day that I become closer to finding my true self. Let me tell ya, almost a year of being single and even with all this time to myself, I still don't understand what the heck is going on in Hailey Deeds' brain. There's like 15 tabs open and all being viewed at the same time.
But with the help of the leading hands of Christ, I have a more clear idea of how I work and what I want for my future. He placed beautiful people in my life this summer that I wish I could have had the privilege of meeting sooner. He shown me that it's okay to be quiet. He has shown me that it's okay to let my stress free and to jump off a dock into a lake once in a while. He has shown me I am a dancing machine!!! He has shown me I feel more myself with bangs. He has allowed me to form the nucleus of what I call my testimony in this wonderful gospel.
Everything this summer has been a constant lead up to what I hope will be some of the best times of my life. Goodbye is hard, sometimes it's lonely, but I am hopeful. I am hopeful the future is bright and will allow me to continue searching out answers and loving God.
I am often reminded of the story of Peter walking on water. In Matthew 14:22-33, Jesus walked on water and His disciples were afraid. Jesus said to them, 'Be of good cheer; it is I, be not afraid.' Peter than asked Jesus if he too could walk to Him.
Jesus replied, 'Come.' Peter walked on water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord save me.
IMMEDIATELY, Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
I relate a lot to Peter in that sense. The future is so uncertain and if you know me, you know how I hate not having control of what happens. But, I have faith. I have faith the Lord will stretch forth his hand and catch me when I'm about to fall. I have faith if I put Him first, everything will fall into place.
Goodbyes have been hard, worries have been off the charts, but my faith is stronger than ever. The Lord will not leave me hanging. He will provide.
Let us go back to the beginning of being excited about college...I will not look down in fear. Rather, I will look up in prayer. I will welcome the new. I will welcome the challenges. I will welcome it all.
Welcome, BYU. Welcome, Utah. My name is Hailey Deeds. Just wait until you meet me in person. Adventures are about to wait.
#12days // Enter to learn, Go forth and serve

Comments
Post a Comment