Into the Woods
Hello Wonderful People,
Sorry for my lack of blogging, but the few last weeks of school were consumed with studying for finals and track that I didn't find much free time to do so. But here I am, so no worries! Just to briefly catch you all up in the medical side of today's blog, I went to the hospital last week to get a monthly check up. They told me I am looking great and lowered my medicine! However, since I have such a busy Summer, they told me to make sure I get some rest. Rest is very important in not getting sick. I must confess though, this week I was not the best in following instructions. This week was Girl's Camp!
I decided for this short time I would blog about all my adventures and how having Lupus effected that in the process.
Monday morning, I woke up at 6am to take my medicine and get ready for the day. Sister Patterson picked me up, along with Sydney, and we made our way to the church building. When we got there, I was so excited to see everyone. Caylin, Lauren, Sydney, Bethany, & I filed into a car and await the 4 hour drive to Ha Ha Tonka State Park. We sang songs, played games and slept most of the way there. When we got to Ha Ha Tonka for our hike, we all got our essential supplies and started the journey to the end of the trail. We climbed so many stairs, a total of 150 at least! Some girls & I were leading the pack. In the distance we heard the priesthood yell, "take a right!" There was no trail, but we did as we were told. Shortly after climbing the steep hill and using any trees to lift us up, we found out we took the wrong way. The girls & I decided to keep going up and find another exit out. I was laughing out of fear of falling. A couple girls did fall, but there was always a girl behind her to hoist her back up. We found an exit back on to the trail and finish the hike with many groans from the other girls. But we did it! Afterwards, we went back into the car to go to our campsite. We setup camp, had scripture time, and sat around the fire introducing each other. I tented with Lauren, Bethany, & Elizabeth. We went to bed at 10:30 and when we woke up it was rafting time!

The next morning, we got on a school bus and journeyed to were we would start our rafting experience. I was in a raft with Blake, Caylin, & Lauren. I learned I am a bit competitive when it comes to rafting. Maybe I should be on a rafting team! We rafted for what felt like an eternity. There was one point were we only saw a raft in front and behind us. None of us knew if we were going the right direction or not. We tied are rafts together and sailed the Ozarks until we saw another raft approach in the distance. I accidently switch rafts when paddling and was thrown in with Elizabeth and Rebecca. We paddled into a tree limb were we got stuck! I thought one of us might have to get out, but luckily we all went to one side and jumped. We were free and finished close to first.
Wednesday,we left for Heartland and rejoined our wards. Fourth years were put into cabins. I was with Lauren, Al, Lindsay, Bethany, and Lauren. Sister McGregor & Connell visited us. I got to take pictures for Sister McGregor when Elizabeth's brother came back from his mission. What an inspiration their family is! It makes me want to go on a mission some day for the church and teach the gospel to those who don't have it.
We woke up at 7 am Thursday to eat breakfast. The best part of that day was Ward Testimony meeting. That is by far my favorite part of camp. I invited my mom to join as I bared my testimony on missionary work. I see now why God would visit the younger children first, it's because they have the most power. I love hearing what they have to say about God. They are an inspiration to us. I believe my testimony has grown from this year's Girl's camp. I connected a lot more with the Fourth years than I ever have before. I loved my time with my Ward, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the time I spend with my year too. That night, we stayed up late to teepee our Fourth year leaders. We wrote them sweet letters to go with. Then we played BS and went to sleep.
Friday was our last day. We got into our color groups and played an intense game of challenges. It was actually really fun! We ended the day with awards and I earned the White Rose award, which was a surprise to me.
I think the hardest part of camp was remembering to take my pills, check for ticks, and put on sunscreen. If I went home with a tick bite, I was going to go straight to the doctor. Luckily, I had none! However, from my lack of sunscreen, I gained a Lupus rash on my face.
This year was by far my favorite year of camp and I can't wait to be a YCL. I'm realizing how fast I'm growing up, I remember being a first year and not enjoying camp as much. But here I am, I love camp! Next week, I have Student Council camp. Stay tuned for that.
Sorry for my lack of blogging, but the few last weeks of school were consumed with studying for finals and track that I didn't find much free time to do so. But here I am, so no worries! Just to briefly catch you all up in the medical side of today's blog, I went to the hospital last week to get a monthly check up. They told me I am looking great and lowered my medicine! However, since I have such a busy Summer, they told me to make sure I get some rest. Rest is very important in not getting sick. I must confess though, this week I was not the best in following instructions. This week was Girl's Camp!
I decided for this short time I would blog about all my adventures and how having Lupus effected that in the process.
Monday morning, I woke up at 6am to take my medicine and get ready for the day. Sister Patterson picked me up, along with Sydney, and we made our way to the church building. When we got there, I was so excited to see everyone. Caylin, Lauren, Sydney, Bethany, & I filed into a car and await the 4 hour drive to Ha Ha Tonka State Park. We sang songs, played games and slept most of the way there. When we got to Ha Ha Tonka for our hike, we all got our essential supplies and started the journey to the end of the trail. We climbed so many stairs, a total of 150 at least! Some girls & I were leading the pack. In the distance we heard the priesthood yell, "take a right!" There was no trail, but we did as we were told. Shortly after climbing the steep hill and using any trees to lift us up, we found out we took the wrong way. The girls & I decided to keep going up and find another exit out. I was laughing out of fear of falling. A couple girls did fall, but there was always a girl behind her to hoist her back up. We found an exit back on to the trail and finish the hike with many groans from the other girls. But we did it! Afterwards, we went back into the car to go to our campsite. We setup camp, had scripture time, and sat around the fire introducing each other. I tented with Lauren, Bethany, & Elizabeth. We went to bed at 10:30 and when we woke up it was rafting time!
![]() |
| Rebecca, Bethany, and I holding up MB for Mormon Babes. We started a Step Team as a joke at camp. |

The next morning, we got on a school bus and journeyed to were we would start our rafting experience. I was in a raft with Blake, Caylin, & Lauren. I learned I am a bit competitive when it comes to rafting. Maybe I should be on a rafting team! We rafted for what felt like an eternity. There was one point were we only saw a raft in front and behind us. None of us knew if we were going the right direction or not. We tied are rafts together and sailed the Ozarks until we saw another raft approach in the distance. I accidently switch rafts when paddling and was thrown in with Elizabeth and Rebecca. We paddled into a tree limb were we got stuck! I thought one of us might have to get out, but luckily we all went to one side and jumped. We were free and finished close to first.
Wednesday,we left for Heartland and rejoined our wards. Fourth years were put into cabins. I was with Lauren, Al, Lindsay, Bethany, and Lauren. Sister McGregor & Connell visited us. I got to take pictures for Sister McGregor when Elizabeth's brother came back from his mission. What an inspiration their family is! It makes me want to go on a mission some day for the church and teach the gospel to those who don't have it.
| Lauren, Caylin, & I |
Friday was our last day. We got into our color groups and played an intense game of challenges. It was actually really fun! We ended the day with awards and I earned the White Rose award, which was a surprise to me.
| People: Caylin, Aubrey, Hailey, Lauren, Emma, and Bethany (In order from left to right) |
This year was by far my favorite year of camp and I can't wait to be a YCL. I'm realizing how fast I'm growing up, I remember being a first year and not enjoying camp as much. But here I am, I love camp! Next week, I have Student Council camp. Stay tuned for that.


Comments
Post a Comment