100 Happy Days

It's hard. There, I said it. It's hard to be "normal." The good news is I am officially done with treatments. Seriously, best news EVER right? If I were to write this post a week ago, I'd be filling up your thoughts with negative feelings. That is not my first intention. My intention is to show you how pain and trials can be a marvelous thing. At this point, I believe that is truly the truth. As I told you, track just started up! I've been trying out new events like hurdles and of course, my favorite, long distance. I've been trying my hardest to keep up with the rest of the girls and at the same time, not have a relaps of last cross country season. I feel slow. I have gone home crying, throwing up, and light headed because I felt...weak. It was as if my mind had forgot how strong I've been the past few months with infusions. Then one day after a meet, with only beating my own time by 10 secs and coming in last, I realized I AM strong. The whole time I was trying to make others happy & proud, where I should be trying to make myself proud. I am proud. I did my best and that is all I could ask of me. No, I am not going to state anytime soon, but I  am happy. And I believe that's the best title out there! 

Lacrosse continues to be my catharsis when track goes bad. I love my team and all the hard work they put into having a successful season. I enjoy being goalie too! (My team plans to buy me lady bug shin pads!!) Our first game is this Friday. 


During spring break my mom and I were able to check off Chicago on my bucket list. I've been wanting to go there since I was seven when I found out the American Girl Doll store was bigger and better in Illinois. I was able to ride a train and experience St. Patrick's day in Chicago's new surroundings. I had the best time with my mom and although I don't say it enough, I love her with all my heart. She is one of the strongest people I know and who I am now & wish to be,  is all because of her. 

I was was also blessed enough to be able to attend the temple with Leah Barnhart and have a movie night. Her & her family are lights in everyone's life, including mine. 

During the past year, student council has been getting ready for an extraordinary event. MASC STATE!! We were able to host it at Park Hill South with a hard working group of presidency schools. It was called Leadership Outside the Lines. It took a lot of pre preparation and planning, & long hours after school to get everything perfect! I'm so proud of my council. All the stress was worth the experience of meeting new people and gaining new ideas. We hope to host Nationals 2018! 

Other good news?? I GOT INTO NEWSPAPER!! My affinity for journalism is now put to good use! There you have it folks, Hailey Deeds is now apart of The View's newspaper staff. 

I am grateful. I am grateful for everything. Not just one thing, but my whole life. I wish I could name of every person who has influenced me to pursue finding the key to happiness. The key of happiness? It's following God's commandment. I honestly don't believe I'd be where I am now without him by my side. Life is tough, but life is good. You just have to focus on the good to get through the bad. 

I challenge those of you who have trouble focusing on the positive to do a 100 Happy Day's challenge. You may do this on Pinterest or create a photo album directed towards this on your phone. Every day you pick one thing that stuck out to you the most that made your day better. By the time you hit 100 photos, you won't remember those bad moments in your day, but those minutes that made you smile. Whether it be a joke or a person, those bad moments will feel like centuries ago. Try it! You'll smile, trust me! 

I hope you have a good day! Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to continue reading my blog. 

Find your own key to happiness.

Comments

  1. Hailey, you amaze me, you inspire me to be better and I am so proud of you and all of your many accomplishments! I am so very grateful to have you in my life! Lots of LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts